JOIN THE SEABOARD FAMILY TODAY!
Seaboard is actively seeking a SQL Developer in our Dartmouth, NS location to fill this role in our growing organization.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic and multi skilled individual capable of working in a fast paced environment. Seaboard is a results driven company experiencing significant growth and are looking for people who want to be part of this exciting time. We need someone who is an independent thinker, self-motivated, and enjoys working in a team environment.
Employees will be immersed into the experience of Seaboard currently facing significant growth and therefore will be exposed to a variety of challenges and new skillsets. This position is an exciting opportunity for those who thrive in team environments and project-based work. Additionally, applicants must be capable of working a fast-paced atmosphere while actively multitasking. Seaboard is looking for a self-motivated, strong thinker who is interested in sharing their skills and ideas with other members of our team.
The SQL Developer will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following endeavours:
- In-Office Position
- SSRS report development
- Database work, including creating and updating Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views
- Dashboard development in PowerBI
- Query optimization
- Server monitoring
- Analysis of existing systems and business processes, with a focus process improvement
- Support internal customers by providing training sessions and updated documentation.
- Have a strong customer service focus with a commitment to excellence.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with Microsoft based tools ; SQL Server, SSMS, SSRS, SSIS
- Ability to quickly understand the business issues and data challenges within the transportation business
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated hands-on experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong research skills
- Strategic thinking & strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Experience with BI Tools an asset
- Experience with DB2 an asset
- Proven ability to deal productively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Energetic and motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with enterprise level business applications (ERP, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), other major transactional systems)
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.