Join our team today!
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring Apprentice or Licensed Mechanics based in Sydney, NS.
Core Job Functions:
- Work in accordance with all safety procedures, standards and regulations
- Attend and participate in scheduled safety and maintenance meetings
- Professional and service-oriented interactions with all staff
- Perform maintenance tasks and maintain clean work area
- Attend and participate in work-related training and development opportunities
- Review work required from preventative maintenance inspection with supervisor
- Able to complete electronic work orders
- Perform repairs required from preventative maintenance inspection
- Diagnose and communicate required parts to lead-hand or parts coordinator
- Ability to perform annual motor vehicle inspections
- Apprentice truck and/or trailer mechanic
- Experience working as a B620 inspector considered an asset
- Exceptional mechanical knowledge
- Computer skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Additional assets include knowledge of engine diagnostics
- Potential assets could include: experiece working with tankers, trucks, dry vans, reefers. and welding experience
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.