Accounting Co-op Student
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Accounting Co-Op Student for the Summer term (May-August) based in Dartmouth, NS.
Working closely with our Accountants, as well as the Director of Finance, you will participate in:
- Reconciliation of Broker accounts
- Reconciliation of bank account
- Reconciliation and maintenance of various GL accounts
- Preparation and posting of manual and re-occurring journal entries
- Supporting month-end close routines
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Currently completing undergrad studies in related field
- Excellent communication skills - Verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- High level of motivation and energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.