Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
Harmac Transportation is a prominent bulk liquid carrier that joined the Seaboard Transport Group in 1998. Harmac is committed to Seaboard’s core values of providing safe, quality, and professional service to our valued customers.
As part of a family owned group of companies the members of Harmac Transportation work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Dispatcher based in North York, ON.
Core Job Functions:
- Answer incoming calls, handle general inquiries, and forward calls to the appropriate destination
- Receive, verify and log customer orders and dips in TMW system
- Maintain driver schedules and communicating any variances to management
- Schedule loads based on safety, customer service, and load efficiency from the customer information logged in the TMW system
- Communicate dispatch to drivers (including shift plans, plot plan information, TMW numbers and truck and trailer information.)
- Confirm that loads have been delivered ensuring the TMW System updated – all delays or changes are to be escalated to operations management
- Report all safety and service incidents to Management
- While on shift carry the designated phone and provide coverage for afterhours phone calls
- Hours of service management
- Contribute to and maintain a professional work environment
- Support the scheduling of necessary maintenance on equipment, adhering to the required maintenance parameters
- Other duties and support as required
- Fuel experience considered an asset
- Post- secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills - Verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Highly functioning within the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn new operating systems efficiently
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to deal productively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.