Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a HSE Coordinator based in Calgary, AB.
What Seabaord Offers:
- Company Truck
- Goodlife Membership Discount
- Scholarship Program
- Bell Mobility Discount
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports operational management to achieve safety targets.
- Coordinate activities with corporate Risk and HSE departments.
- Implement relevant safety awareness and incident prevention campaigns.
- Carry out safe behavior observations on site throughout the region.
- Required to carry out frequent visits to the TECK mine sites to ensure compliance, perform audits and support driving group onsite.
- Train and uphold relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance is met with federal and provincial regulations regarding health, safety and the environment, including with respect to the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Perform new driver competency and driver delivery audit evaluations.
- Responsible for supporting and participating in Emergency Response activities.
- Member of emergency response team including after hours on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the transportation industry.
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety capacity.
- Previous experience working with petroleum product handling and delivery considered an asset.
- Class 1 driver’s license required.
- Previous experience working in an “on-call” environment considered an asset.
- Experience in training delivery and competency assessments of workers.
- Proven ability to deal productively with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.