Mechanic - Dartmouth
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Licensed Mechanic based in Dartmouth, NS.
- Weekend Shift (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
- Work 36 hours / paid for 40 hours
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Competitive wages
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Coveralls and coverall cleaning services provided
- Tool allowance
- Comprehensive benefit packages
- Year-round, stable work
- Innovative organization, evolving and growing with the market
- Referral Bonus!
Core Job Functions:
- Work in accordance with all safety procedures, standards and regulations
- Attend and participate in scheduled safety and maintenance meetings
- Professional and service-oriented interactions with all staff
- Perform maintenance tasks and maintain clean work area
- Attend and participate in work-related training and development opportunities
- Review work required from preventative maintenance inspection with supervisor
- Able to complete electronic work orders
- Perform repairs required from preventative maintenance inspection
- Diagnose and communicate required parts to lead-hand or parts coordinator
- Ability to perform annual motor vehicle inspections
- Registered as an apprentice truck and/or trailer mechanic or licensed journeyman truck and/or trailer mechanic
- Experience working as a B620 inspector considered an asset
- Exceptional mechanical knowledge
- Computer skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Additional assets include knowledge of engine diagnostics
- Potential assets could include: experience working with tankers, trucks, dry vans, reefers. and welding experience
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.