Accounts Receivable Clerk
Seaboard Transport is seeking a Cash Application Clerk to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family-owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join our team today!
Core Job Functions:
Cash Application – Customer payments
- Apply cash payments on daily basis and manage the transfer of data between the sub-ledger and cash application processes.
- Validate daily tall remittance information is processed and transferred to the cash application program.
- Validate all deposits have been transferred to the cash application program.
- Process all deposits that have been fully allocated and verified.
- For all deposits that have not been fully allocated:
- Apply secondary matching processes
- For remaining open or unmatched items, send information to the appropriate group and manage follow for resolution
- Post journal entry data from the cash application to the sub-ledger
Cash Application - Other
- Customer Portal
- Where appropriate, input and validate data required in customer portals to properly match deposits for cash application.
- Other non-trade deposits
- Apply and post non-trade deposits to allow the cash application process to properly apply
- payments. This would include items such as benefits payments, scrap revenue and miscellaneous sales
- Ensure supporting information for payments are properly stored and indexed in Synergize once available.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent organization and time- management skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and a proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Experiencing working in the transportation industry considered an asset