Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Human Resources Generalist based in Edmonton, AB
Core Job Functions:
- Provides extensive HR business support for Western Canada employees.
- Partner with internal clients to ensure the effective application of corporate HR policies and practices, including performance. management, employee relations, compensation, and recruitment.
- Lead workers’ compensation case-management activities, including responding to employee inquiries, coordinating modified work, creating reports and liaising with government agencies.
- Coordinate the progressive discipline process acting as a consultant for internal managers.
- Provide advice on employee relations issues.
- Support the Recruitment Team through the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Lead the administration of company health benefits and RRSP programs.
- Coordinate and conduct employee terminations.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete employee records.
- Liaise with government on employment related matters
- Workers’ Compensation
- Service Canada
- Various labour boards
- Conduct workplace investigations.
- Manage employee leaves of absences by region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hybrid in office role
- Regular travel to Calgary will be required. Travel to Ontario or Nova Scotia will be required on occasion.
- Degree or Diploma in a related field (Human Resources, Business Administration) or equivalent work experience
- 3 years’ experience in an HR Generalist type role
- Previous experience managing workers’ compensation considered an asset
- Previous experience administering benefit and RRSP plans considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel (V-look ups), MS Teams, Outlook, Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of recruiting, compensation, and employee relations
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.