Site Operations Technician
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
Seaboard Bulk Terminals is equipped to handle truck-to-rail or rail-to-truck movements. With an on-site government scale, on-site tank storage, and full-service project management and logistic support, we ensure your inventory is handled in a safe, reliable and environmentally safe way, compliant with all OH&S requirements.
As part of a family owned group of companies the members of Seaboard Bulk Terminals work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Site Operations Technician based in Carseland, AB.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities noted below are in no particular order as may be defined as per safe and efficient operational processes.
- Understands all safety aspects of the tank offloading areas and the expectations and duties to be performed.
- Performs all duties associated with the offloading of petroleum products including but are not limited to gasoline, diesel, IVD additive, ethanol and other related commodities.
- Performs all duties associated with Tank sampling requirements
- Coordinators offloading activities with corresponding Terminal Management personnel.
- Performs daily rounds to all offloading areas to check on equipment status, solve problems, and co-ordinate repairs
- Reports all mechanical issues in all tank car offloading areas.
- Ensures offloading activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner relative to Dangerous Goods Regulations, safety rules, and applicable unloading procedures.
- Demonstrates the safe use of required tools in accordance to CCRL procedures, and manufacturers recommended practices.
- Has a good understanding of the check in practive for working alone in the terminal area when required.
- Understands basic railcar shipping knowledge to ensure all documentation is valid for the railcar(s) offloaded.
- Explains the importance of good housekeeping, and identifies all of the regular housekeeping duties.
- Assess all tank car offloading areas on a regular basis for improvements/efficiencies and discusses them with Terminal Management.
- Must have the ability to train junior personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of grade 12
- Valid driver's license
- A working knowledge of fuel operations and the distribution industry is preferred.
- This position requires an individual to be totally committed to safe work procedures.
- Individual to be proficient in general computer systems.
Moderate physical capabilities (lifting, bending, twisting) are required:
- working from heights, applies to both tank sampling & tank car unloading
- ability to work alone
- ability to operate machinery (tractor, lawn mower, etc.)
- Exceptional mechanical knowledge including knowledge of pipe line systems, pumps and valves
- Exceptional organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism
- First aid certificate is an asset
- Fall protection certificate is an asset
- Confined space certificate is an asset
- Due to location reliable transportation is a must.
- Attendance for every shift is Key.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.