Operations Manager - Newfoundland
Operations Manager - Newfoundland
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring an Operations Manager based in Mount Pearl, NL.
Core Job Functions:
- Create a culture of discipline around safety, service and operational process performance
- Manage the day to day resource needs of the business – driver availability and asset readiness
- Deliver on the daily asset utilization targets
- Ensure daily customer communication standards are followed and escalations occur as required
- Manage the day to day driver issues that may come up, and develop a driver centric culture where respect and meeting the needs of the driver (in alignment with business goals) are achieved daily
- Be relentless in providing a satisfying and rewarding work culture within the operations group such that it is a place of work that is sought after
- Ensure all processes relating to compliance are managed properly i.e. retorque, PMs, HOS etc
- Manage response to HSE incidents in partnership with HSE Coordinators and management
- Provide support to root cause determination in safety, environmental or service related incidents
- Ensure real time work actualization targets are achieved
- Continually manage and reduce costs, create a culture of ownership around costs
- Active management of driver recruitment and retention processes including on-boarding needs
- Review Order Profitability and other profit related reports with GM to ensure billing and driver pay is accurate
- Manager performance and development of direct reports (if applicable)
- Provide first line of response to customer complaints, concerns etc as they become escalated.
- University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry, specifically within a dispatch or managerial role, is considered an asset
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Energetic, adaptable and flexible, with the ability to pick up new skills and industry knowledge quickly
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities
Why Choose Seaboard Transport?
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit packages
- RRSP Program
- Year-round, stable work
- Innovative organization, evolving and growing with the market
- New office being built in partnership with sister company Armour Transport Systems
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.