Fleet Coordinator - Nights
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Fleet Coordinator - Nights based in North York, ON.
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit packages
- Year-round, stable work
- Innovative organization, evolving and growing with the market
Core Job Functions:
- Approve purchase order requests / enter PO’s
- Review email and deal with daily requests and issues
- Respond to breakdowns in ALL divisions through the night
- Adjust and maintain TMW File Maintenance Expirations
- Update Retorque reports (All Divisions)
- Update PNET down reports (All Divisions)
- Work with GMs/Ops Managers/Dispatch in respective divisions and drivers to get equipment repaired and on the road as quickly as possible.
- Identify and address any PM service failures or issues
- Manage outside vendor repairs for lowest possible cost / effective repair spending, diverting non crucial repairs to internal shops
- Coordinate outside services with vendors
- Review maintenance budgets daily and maintenance spend approvals with VP’s and GM’s
- Develop working relationships with ALL VP’s, GM’s, and Operations Managers of business divisions, as well as Shop Managers, working occasional from division terminal locations.
- Talk with all shop managers daily about gear and shop activities
- Ensure Retorques and PNET down issues are being addressed daily for compliance
- Complete special projects as requested by senior management
- Complete nightly yard checks
- Provide accurate daily updates to key stakeholders
- Ensure accurate and timely communication
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in a business or engineering field
- Highly organized with a desire to drive efficiency and improvement
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to make decisions
- Able to develop good working relationships with multiple departments
- Deadline and detailed oriented
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Bilingual candidates considered an asset
- Previous transportation industry experience considered an asset
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.