Human Resources Student
Seaboard Transport Group
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Human Resources Student for the Summer (June-Aug) based in Dartmouth, NS.
Core Job Functions:
Working closely with our Human Resources team, you will gain skills and work experience in many areas of Human Resources. Main tasks will include:
- Support Recruitment process for all employee types including:
- Advertising, conducting pre-screening calls and interviews, background/qualification verification, coordinating pre-employment testing, reviewing pre-hire documentation etc.
- Assist with the coordination of new-hire training
- Assist with day to day operations of the Human Resources and Recruiting Team
- Support the administrative functions of the Human Resources Team
- Research, develop and prepare documents
- Compile reports and prepare spreadsheets
- Participate and coordination of employee engagement and retention activities
- Participate in special projects as required
- Other duties as required
To be successful in this role you would describe your self as having:
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of motivation and energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.