Join the Seaboard Family Today!
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Dispatcher based in Moncton, NB.
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit packages
- Year-round, stable work
- Paid Training
- Innovative organization, evolving and growing with the market
- Goodlife Membership Discount
- Scholarship Program
- Access to Bell Mobility Program
- Service Awards
Core Job Functions:
- Maintain driver schedules and communicate any variances to management.
- Receive, verify, and log customer orders and dips in TMW system.
- Schedule loads based on safety, customer service, and load efficiency from the customer information logged in the TMW system.
- Communicate dispatch to drivers (including shift plans, plot plan information, TMW numbers and truck and trailer information)
- Answer incoming calls, handle general inquiries, and forward calls to the appropriate destination.
- Confirm that loads have been delivered ensuring the TMW System updated – all delays or changes are to be escalated to operations management.
- Report/record all safety and service incidents to Management.
- While on shift carry the designated phone and provide coverage for afterhours phone calls.
- Ensure communication of accurate information to drivers, such as: load information, reference numbers, weights, etc.
- Ensure that the assigned loads are confirmed with each of your drivers prior to end of day.
- Monitor driver vacation time, personal time and reset times; escalate concerns where applicable.
- Confirm accuracy of driver pay by ensuring routing and accessorial pay information is entered timely into the appropriate fields in TMW.
- Assist Operations team member(s) as required.
- Act as a point of contact for any and all items / issues that may arise for a driver within your assigned fleet.
- Work as a team and assist co-workers on other dispatch boards to ensure success for the entire division.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience and knowledge of ELD system an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in the transportation industry would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a dispatch position is preferred.
- Experience with TMW is an asset.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to deal productively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.