Harmac Transportation is a prominent bulk liquid carrier that joined the Seaboard Transport Group in 1998. Harmac is committed to Seaboard’s core values of providing safe, quality, and professional service to our valued customers.
As part of a family owned group of companies the members of Harmac Transportation work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Mechanic based in Sarnia, ON.
Earn up to $38/hr base on experience and receive great training from our team of fleet experts!
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Competitive wages
- Full-time hours
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Coveralls and coverall cleaning services provided
- Comprehensive benefit packages
- Year-round, stable work
- Innovative organization, evolving and growing with the market
Core Job Functions:
- Work in accordance with all safety procedures, standards and regulations
- Ability to work under close supervision of Journeyman mechanic
- Attend and participate in scheduled safety and maintenance meetings
- Professional and service-oriented interactions with all staff
- Perform maintenance tasks and maintain clean work area
- Attend and participate in work-related training and development opportunities
- Review work required from preventative maintenance inspection with supervisor
- Able to complete electronic work orders
- Perform repairs required from preventative maintenance inspection
- Diagnose and communicate required parts to lead-hand or parts coordinator
Qualifications and Experience:
- Registered as an apprentice truck and/or trailer mechanic
- Must be flexible and willing to learn under the guidance of a journeyman mechanic
- Experience working as a B620 inspector considered an asset
- Mechanical knowledge, Computer skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Additional assets include knowledge of engine diagnostics
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.