Transload Operator/Truck Driver
Seaboard Bulk Terminals is equipped to handle truck-to-rail or rail-to-truck movements. With an on-site government scale, on-site tank storage, and full-service project management and logistic support, we ensure your inventory is handled in a safe, reliable and environmentally safe way, compliant with all OH&S requirements.
As part of a family owned group of companies the members of Seaboard Bulk Terminals work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Transload Operator/Truck Driver based in Grande Prairie, AB.
Core Job Functions:
Learn and implement procedures for all rail yard duties:
- Haul local dry bulk goods (salt, sand, grains, etc.)
- Opening and closing rail cars as per company procedure
- Opening and closing tickets
- Operating all railyard and fertilizer equipment including but not limited to: front end loader, rail car mover, skidsteer, portable offload conveyer, and pick up truck.
- Daily inspections of terminal offloading area
- Inspect all incoming tank cars to ensure safe offloading
- Handling the hookup and offloading of rail cars
- Ensuring safety of all employees
- Participate in tool box meetings
- Assist in the development and implementation of of JHA’s and SWP’s
- Light maintenance of the terminal tank cars
- Class 1 license
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work safely in a team environment
- Work some weekends and overtime if needed
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs
- Boiler Ticket (asset)
- Position is suited for someone who likes variety to the daily routine
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.