Seaboard Bulk Terminals is looking for Transload Operators based in Woodstock, London, Kitchener, Guelph, or Hamilton, ON
Join our growing team today at our brand new facility in Woodstock, ON with top of the line NEW equipment.
Earn up to $33/hr and receive paid training from our team of Rail Yard experts!
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Our new facility offers lots of options for future advancement – start your career with us!
- We have long term loyal customers with consistent work
- Seaboard offers paid training - no previous rail experience required!
- Our group of companies offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plans.
- Join our family – The Seaboard Transport group operates all across north America with Rail Yard facilities in Ontario and Alberta. Grow with us!
Core Job Functions:
The Transload Operator's primary responsibility is to safely and timely load and unload rail cars to/from trucks. The loader will also be responsible for preparing these modes of transport for shipment and completing the appropriate documents and checklist.
- Railcar switching and storage
- Weigh in and weigh out trucks
- Complete scale tickets in a timely manner
- Load dry bulk trucks from rail cars and unload dry bulk trucks to specified location
- Load and un-load fluid trucks to and from specified location
- Assist in hooking up and rigging out boiler hoses
- Operate various yard equipment including but limited to; rail car opener, hydraulic jacks, basic hand tools, hammers, pry bars, snow blower, weed whacker, water pump etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions - extreme summer heat and cold winter weather
- Mechanical aptitude
- Rail and truck experience an asset
- Previous product handling and or operational experience an asset
- A very high regard for safety in the workplace, and has a strong commitment to operational policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
Seaboard Bulk Terminals is equipped to handle truck-to-rail or rail-to-truck movements and provides transloading services to a number of customers. With an on-site government scale, on-site tank storage, and full-service project management and logistic support, we ensure your inventory is handled in a safe, reliable, and environmentally safe way, compliant with all OH&S requirements.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.