JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY & RECEIVE A $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Journeyperson $30 - $32 / hour
Aprentices $26 - $28 / hour
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Licensed Mechanic based in Dartmouth, NS.
- Weekend Shift (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
- Work 36 hours / paid for 40 hours
Core Job Functions:
- Work in accordance with all safety procedures, standards and regulations
- Attend and participate in scheduled safety and maintenance meetings
- Professional and service-oriented interactions with all staff
- Perform maintenance tasks and maintain clean work area
- Attend and participate in work-related training and development opportunities
- Review work required from preventative maintenance inspection with supervisor
- Able to complete electronic work orders
- Perform repairs required from preventative maintenance inspection
- Diagnose and communicate required parts to lead-hand or parts coordinator
- Ability to perform annual motor vehicle inspections
- Registered as an apprentice truck and/or trailer mechanic or licensed journeyman truck and/or trailer mechanic
- Experience working as a B620 inspector considered an asset
- Exceptional mechanical knowledge
- Computer skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Additional assets include knowledge of engine diagnostics
- Potential assets could include: experience working with tankers, trucks, dry vans, reefers. and welding experience
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Competitive wages
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Coveralls and coverall cleaning services provided
- Comprehensive benefit packages
- Year-round, stable work
- Innovative organization, evolving and growing with the market
- Referral Bonus!
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.