Rail Yard Transload Operator (Level 1 & 2)
Seaboard Bulk Terminals is equipped to handle truck-to-rail or rail-to-truck movements. With an on-site government scale, on-site tank storage, and full-service project management and logistic support, we ensure your inventory is handled in a safe, reliable and environmentally safe way, compliant with all OH&S requirements.
As part of a family owned group of companies the members of Seaboard Bulk Terminals work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Rail Yard Transload Operator based in Grande Prairie, AB.
Why Choose Seaboard?
- Competivite wages
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Year-round stable work
- Paid Training
- Innovative organization, evloving and growing with the market
Core Job Functions:
All duties and responsibilities below are in no particular order as may be defined as per safe and efficient operational process
- Opening and closing rail cars as per company procedure
- Opening and closing tickets
- Point of contact for employees and customers
- Scheduling loading and unloading times with customers
- Operating all railyard and fertilizer equipment including but not limited to: front end loader, rail car mover, skidsteer, portable offload conveyer, and pick up truck.
- Daily inspections of terminal offloading area
- Inspect all incoming tank cars to ensure safe offloading
- Handling the hookup and offloading of rail cars
- Ensuring safety of all employees
- Conducting tool box meetings
- Assist in the development and implementation of of JHA’s and SWP’s
- Light maintenance of the terminal tank cars
- Other duties as required
- Previous Rail experience considered an asset
- Safety focused attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.