Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Corporate Accountant based in Dartmouth, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations that tie into the general ledger. This will include but is not limited to;
- Reconciling payroll accounts
- Tracking petty cash
- Tying in accounts receivable and accounts payable listings
- Agreeing long term debt schedules to accounts
- Balancing trial balances
- Additional reconciliations as required
- Aid in the monthly consolidation process
- Treasury duties as required, which will include but is not limited to;
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing daily cash reports
- Prepare monthly fuel audits for various sectors of the company. Additional duties relating to fuel audits include;
- Contacting general managers and drivers to review and resolve discrepancies in usage
- Preparing monthly reports for the Executive on fuel audit findings
- Provide information and analysis to operational groups as needed and requested
- Help with inquiries on budgeting and forecasting support
- Assist with various accounting projects and initiatives
- Provide assistance with inquiries from internal and external customers and vendors as needed
- Developing ad-hoc reports as requested
- Special projects and other responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-8 years of finance and accounting experience
- Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Accounting designation is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills - Verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- High level of self-motivation and energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Great Plains is considered an asset
- Experience in the transportation industry is considered an asset
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.