Rail Yard Coordinator
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
Seaboard Bulk Terminals is equipped to handle truck-to-rail or rail-to-truck movements. With an on-site government scale, on-site tank storage, and full-service project management and logistic support, we ensure your inventory is handled in a safe, reliable and environmentally safe way, compliant with all OH&S requirements.
As part of a family owned group of companies the members of Seaboard Bulk Terminals work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join us today as we are currently hiring a Weekend Rail Yard Coordinator based in Carseland, AB.
- Saturday - Sunday, 6am - 6pm
- 10 hours paid at regular time, 2 hours paid at overtime
- Statutory Holiday's
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All duties and responsibilities noted below are in no particular order as they may be defined as per safe and efficient operational processes.
- Maintain general knowledge of the Co-op TMS system to keep truck loading racks operational.
- Overall security responsibility for the entire Carseland Terminal operation during “off hours”. Thisincludes completing regular prescribed checks of the facility, completion of applicable documentation aswell regular communication procedures.
- Documentation as well regular communication procedures.
- Comply with “Working Alone Procedures” and ensure compliance of same.
- Complete regular driver compliance checks and necessary documentation. Provides feedback in regard to safe work practices.
- Maintains total knowledge of the Carseland Terminal Emergency Response Manual and the applicableemergency response procedures as it applies to Seaboard staff especially during terminal “off hours”.This includes initial response, reporting guidelines and communication requirements.
- Completes general housekeeping duties as required.
- Handles product truck offloading if necessary.
- Handles other operational processes as needed to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Other duties as required.
- A working knowledge of railway operations and the distribution industry is preferred.
- This position requires an individual to be totally committed to safe work and working alone procedures.
- Individual to be proficient in general computer systems.
- Moderate physical capabilities (lifting, bending, twisting) are required
- Mechanical knowledge
- Organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Due to location reliable transportation is a must.
- Attendance for every shift is Key.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.